When we opened Carver Market, we wanted to be a healthy and affordable neighborhood grocery store for our customers. At the same time, we wanted to hire locally and creative a competitive and caring workplace for our employees. This month, we’d like to introduce you to one of our store employees, Diniah, to hear a bit about her experience working at Carver Market.
1. Diniah, can you tell us how long have you worked at Carver Market and how would you describe a typical day at work?
I’ve been working here for just over 10 months, and I would describe most days as filed with hard work and laughter. My co-workers and I enjoy working together!
2. What first interested you or attracted you to Carver Market?
At first I was attracted to Carver Market because it was the only place in the neighborhood where I could get my groceries and my coffee. After shopping here, I also realized what a great atmosphere there was, and I applied for a job.
3. What's the most challenging part of your job?
Well, I first started here as a cashier and transitioning from that position to Team Leader has been the hardest part for me so far. It’s been a challenge learning a new role with new responsibilities, but a good challenge.
4. What makes you excited to keep coming back every day?
My co-workers and our customers! We have the best team and best customers. We know or start to recognize most people who come here to do their shopping, and that is always a good feeling.
5. If you had to describe your job in three words what would you say?
Exciting, challenging, and rewarding.
6. Are there any changes or new programs you've been a part of at Carver Market?
Yeah, we actually just started a new Loyalty Program. Our customers get 3% cashback on every purchase. So with each purchase, our customers accumulate points they can use on their next grocery purchase. It’s been a huge success because everyone loves being able to save money, and we love that our customers come back again and again to do their shopping here.
7. Can you tell us a little about yourself and life outside of work?
I am a wife and mom to my little boy. I used to live in the neighborhood, and I just recently moved. When I am not working, I enjoy reading and writing and spending time with my son.
Next time you come by Carver Market, be sure to say hello to Diniah. She is quickly becoming a recognizable face and a growing leader here at Carver Market.